Tuesday, May 7, 2013



1.) Relate what was discussed in class or the text to the screening.
This film had a completely different feel to it. Where the previous films where well behaved and well mannered, this film was the equivalent of a rebellious out of control teenager. It was much more free in spirt and had numerous adult themes and situations. The film was a perfect symbol of the era to be with radical new ideas and ways of thinking this film was the temperature of the conscious of a nation.

2) Find a related article and summarize the content.

The movies is about a man finding his own path, and like the title may suggest college isn't the end of finding yourself, in many ways as illustrated by this film it is only the beginning. 1960s america is an era known for its rebellious youth its free spirited use of drugs and sexually freedom. Funny that most of those people are now parents how cant fathom how there children can make the same mistakes as they did. But this film really did a great job capturing that spirt, and the techniques used to capture that spirt are no exception.

http://www.filmsite.org/grad.html


3) Write a critical analysis of the film, including your personal opinion, formed as a result of the screening, class discussions, text material and the article.
The class powerpoint helped me understand how the movie was filmed. Not that it wasn’t already easy to notice that there were a lot of cutting and editing, I probably would’ve thought that the film was poorly created but in essence, the director was filming the movie through art.   

CHECKLIST FOR PLAGIARISM

1) (x) I have not handed in this assignment for any other class.

2) (x) If I reused any information from other papers I have written for other classes, I clearly explain that in the paper.

3) (x) If I used any passages word for word, I put quotations around those words, or used indentation and citation within the text.

4) (x) I have not padded the bibliography. I have used all sources cited in the

bibliography in the text of the paper.

5) (x) I have cited in the bibliography only the pages I personally read.

6) (x) I have used direct quotations only in cases where it could not be stated in another way. I cited the source within the paper and in the bibliography.

7) (x) I did not so over-use direct quotations that the paper lacks interpretation or originality.

8) (x) I checked yes on steps 1-7 and therefore have been fully transparent about the research and ideas used in my paper.

Name: __Benaiah Ross___ Date: _____________

No comments:

Post a Comment